Monday, July 19, 2010

Age 2 Celebration #1


7.4.10

I had a Monday off for the holiday, so we packed up the car and drove to see family for the weekend. Here is Tynan at the 4th of July parade. He had no idea why people were throwing candy, but he really liked the motorcycles! I packed a jacket just in case, but didn't think he'd need it while we were outside. Turned out to be a bit colder than home, plus I forgot to bring the jacket in Grandma Wendy's car. Poor Tynan! Luckily, Grandma Wendy had a beach towel in her back seat. So that was how Tynan ended up wearing a beach towel at his first parade.


Later, we had a great big barbecue at Grandma Wendy's house. Grandpa Eric grilled up tasty things while all of the cousins played in the pool. Then we all sang to Tynan with a cake that Grandma Wendy made. Tynan had no idea what was going on! I love the expression on his face!



He understood the present opening part pretty well. . .




We ended the day with fireworks, of course. I was afraid Tynan would be afraid of them, like last year, but he had a blast! (Ha ha, 4th of July humor!) He clapped with the cousins and generally ran amok. Shawn and I were pooped out from chasing Tynan around all day, trying to keep him from throwing rocks in the swimming pool or getting to close to the chimenea or the fireworks or running out toward the street or letting the dog out, etc. etc. Plus, Tynan was up until after midnight and was totally wound up. It was crazy!

No comments: