5.10.09
The first year is almost over! I can't believe it! Here is munchkin on his 0.83 birthday after throwing around random bits of clean laundry and somehow getting hold of a skein of yarn.
Well, this past month, Tynan's motor skills seem to have improved by leaps and bounds. He is standing often and cruising while holding onto furniture. To get down from standing he will do this funny little move where he will hold on to, say, the couch, bend at the waist with his legs straight until he is at an angle, then let go and plop onto his bottom. Luckily he has his diaper padding! All that standing practice has improved his crawling as well, and he is crawling every-stinking-where with his belly off the ground. No more walrus crawling! He has also been feeding himself finger foods, trying to spoonfeed himself (not very well, unfortunately for his clothes and mommy's patience), dancing, speaking babytongue, chewing on his crib railing (the one spot not protected by a rail protector, of course), hiding from the vacuum, getting into the fridge, pantry, and dishwasher, and giggling quite often. Silly boy!
Here Tynan poses with mommy for a Mother's Day picture. I'm not sure I like myself in the picture, but Tynan's pose is pretty sweet. Tynan picked out a beautiful sterling silver and onyx necklace for me all by himself. I mean, what good taste! How did he know what I wanted? He made me swipe my credit card though, since he hasn't gotten one of his own yet. (Which, on second thought, is probably preferable!) But otherwise, it was perfect. It was a nice day, and the three of us went out for a super yummy dinner at our favorite restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment